Wednesday, July 4, 2012

An update from my first post on Monday


Right.  So they teach you at school that when you’re planning a project, you should start out by clearly identifying your aims and then things should flow from there. So . . .

The aim of my blog is: 

·                firstly as a resource for me to keep all things “nail” together, in one place, at my fingertips (pardon the pun); and

·                secondly, as a place to learn and share/exchange good ideas, tips and helpful hints about nail polish and nail art, new products, great bargains/sales etc.

A little bit about how I got here:

I would like to add that I am in no way a professional blogger or nail mistress (which will be clearly evidenced by the posts and photos I will upload soon, LOL).  I’m just starting out, so any (friendly, well intentioned) advice would be greatly appreciated.  Negativity is not allowed or appreciated.

This might just be a craze/faze I’m going through.  Probably.  I tend to move on to different things quite often.  I’m fickle.  There, I admit it.

Initially, I would only buy nail polish once in every blue moon (and I mean, I probably went for about seven or eight years without having bought any!).  The main reason for that is that I was a nail biter.  A nervous habit carried across from my childhood.  My nails are weak, brittle and peal back as a result of years of abuse.  No amounts of nail treatment products seem to help this.

So a couple of years ago, to cover up my absolutely shocking nails, I bought a couple of Rimmel London 60 Second nail polishes - the appeal being their great colour range, and obviously, the quick dry time.  I was impressed.  Slowly two became eight, and then more recently, eight became 20-odd - which leads me to admit, I have formed a bit of an addition. 

Then, I started looking online for ideas of how to colour my nails and what colour combos work with each other.  I was blown away by all the stuff that’s out there.  There are so many talented and dedicated people (and this is where I do my “I’m not worthy” bit).

There are so many fantastic nail blogs out there.  Another “aim” of this blog is to pay homage to those blogs by linking to them, especially when they post helpful hints/great ideas.  There is one in particular that I think is just fabulous, and has provided me with HEAPS of inspiration (and has fuelled my habit): http://www.nihrida.com/

Nihrida loves nails (and make-up), loves animals (a billion points for that!), and her posts and blog are well thought out and put together.  Her topics (mostly about nail polishes and make-up) are sometimes about personal stuff – which I find to be real and relevant.  I am still wading through her numerous posts (I think I’m up to early 2011).

Lastly (for now) just a note:  this blog will be mostly dedicated to nail polish and hand products – but not make-up.  I intend for there to be random posts of other things I like (photos etc), but it will focus on nails.

Thanks for reading.  That’s all for now. 

Novice Nails (NN)

No comments:

Post a Comment