Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Some recent nail creations

Yes, I know, my fingers are shocking. Wonky, dry skin hangy bits and artwork is uneven at best.  But you know what?  I'm having fun anyway - and that's what this is all about. 

Here are a few recent nail creations I want to share.


A combination of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear and Rimmel 60 Seconds products (I'll add the exact shades if requested).  I did the stripes freehand, but discovered later that the way you do this properly is with scotch tape.

Half-moons (with the aid of this tutorial) with Rimmel 60 Seconds - Star Studded and Bluetiful.


I was trying for the mood ring type of look here (see this tutorial at All Lacquered Up).  I think I used Rimmel 60 Seconds - Black Out, Purple Reign, Green with Envy and Star Studded as the shimmery top coat.  A colleague suggested it reminded her of mother of pearl (very flattered!).


Trying out my new Jordana Glitters #1 - for this look I used Revlon - Black Star as the base and Jordana Glitters - Blue Bash.


Trying out my new Jordana Glitters #2 - Rimmel - Sky High base with Jordana Glitters - Blue Bash, Magenta Magic and Lunar Lights.


Trying out my new Jordana Glitters #3 - L-R:  Lunar Lights, Magenta Magic, Blue Bash, Red Flash over top of Revlon - Silver Dollar base.


 
Trying out my new Jordana Glitters #4 - Celestial, Pixie Pink, Gold Glam, LA City Nights over top of Revlon - Silver Dollar base.


Skittles (I'll explain this later) - Rimmel 60 Seconds Instyle Coral and Bonsai . . .


. . . and with Jordana Glitters - Magenta Magic top coat.


Rimmel 60 Seconds - Purple Reign with Chi Chi - Crystal Top Coat.


First time Flakies!  (I luv luv luv Flakies - almost like opal flecks/fire).  This look uses Ulta3 - Hollywood base with Chi Chi - Crystal Top Coat.

So as you can see, I've been busy.
And FYI - I don't have photoshop or anything similar so I can't do much with my pics.  I also don't have a hoovey doovey camera - just a point and shoot - so pretty much WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get).
I am currently trying out Revlon - Cloud as a base, and Chi Chi - Crystal Top Coat, and I will add these photos soon once I've cleaned up my fingers.  With this look, I am trying to create an Opal look.  Stay tuned!

NN

2 comments:

  1. I love the Jordana Glitters! Have you tried the OPI crackle range? http://www.shatternailpolish.net/crackle/ OPi's website is very cool too =) http://www.opi.com/ You can "try on" different Opi nailpolishes see what they look like =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I intend to do a post on crackles soon - I have the basic black and white crackles that Avon put out (the black is great - the white is kinda like painting Twink on your nails (aka liquid paper for Aussies)). I also have the silver and gold crackles that Sally Hansen does. I have seen the OPI crackles, and Priceline over here is selling them for $10 each (which is super cheap for OPI) but I thought I would stick with the basics for the crackles, since they seem to have died out as fast as the craze came in'. Apart from nail blog pics, I haven't seen anyone wearing crackle. You? NN

    ReplyDelete