Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ulta3 - hard to find, but worth it when you do

Prior to purchasing my initial two bottles of Ulta3 nail polish (in Hollywood and Jelly), I had read a few comments about it that I wasn't convinced about.  Mainly, it was said that it was cheap, and surprisingly good for a NP so cheap, but it was also tricky to find, as it wasn't on display in the usual places (i.e. Priceline), but could be found higglety-pigglety in bins located at supermarkets etc (but not all of them).

I had seen one of these so-called "bins"at my local supermarket for quite some months prior to having bought any, mainly because the full fervor of my NP addition hadn't yet taken hold.  Then, I became addicted and had to try EVERYTHING, so I started rifling though the bin.

True, it does look a bit tragic rifling through a bin at the supermarket, but for $2-odd dollars, these nail polishes pack some punch, and then some.

I initially tried on Hollywood, with a view to layering over it with my Flakies, and I thought, "Oh, the brush is a bit short and the end of the brush/lid is a bit small to hold onto properly", but once I got the hang of holding it, no probs.  Hollywood went on all nice and smooth.  I think perhaps my view of it changed because once I put the Flakies overtop, it didn't give me the effect I was hoping for (i.e. for the Flakies to stand out against the dark blue), and then it chipped during the same day and so I thought, "Oh well, that's what you get for buying cheap."



Then I tried on Jelly, and I changed my mind.  A nearly neon green, but quite non-opaque, it applied great (perhaps I had gotten used to the brush/lid) and felt nice and smooth, and although it was still slightly see-through after three coats, I fell in love with it.



I'm not a big green fan, but this is just cool.  Yes, it might chip tomorrow, but it was $2 after all, and so I really shouldn't expect much. 

NN

No comments:

Post a Comment