Saturday, July 7, 2012

Flakies

This is kind of a part 3 to my recent posts on Sparkles (here and here), because Flakies are kind of sparkly as well.

I've noticed that online there appears to be heaps of different Flakies available, particularly in Europe (the nail polish centre of the world).  In Straya (aka Australia), not so much.

I have managed to find two:  Australis' Crystal Colour Top Coat - Speck-tacular, and Chi Chi's Crystal Top Coat.




Initially, I tried it over a shimmery blue, using Ulta3's Hollywood (scroll down towards the end here), thinking that I didn't want to be boring and put it on the usual black background.  This worked OK (the pics aren't fab because I didn't really take the time to paint Hollywood on nicely), but I wanted more.

With high hopes of creating an Opal type look, I tried it on top of Revlon's Cloud. Instead, I got a very subtle occasional shimmer if I held my nails in a certain light (here).  Fail.

In rating both types of Flakies, Australis' Crystal Top Coat had lots of big and small Flakies, but took a while to dry and once tried was kind of tacky to the touch.  Chi Chi's Speck-tacular had smaller Flakies, but dried much quicker and had a nice solid finish.

It looks like I will have to try these over top of black, but before I do, can anyone suggest another colour I could use underneath?

NN

No comments:

Post a Comment