Monday, August 13, 2012

Spicks & Specks Marathon

I am a late-comer to the Spicks and Specks phenomenon (for all that don’t know, Spicks and Specks is an Australian music trivia quiz show). The final series ended in 2011, and it wasn’t until earlier this year that I saw my first full episode. But I was hooked! Music trivia is a secret passion of mine and so I’m happy that I get to see a music trivia show again (I used to watch Face the Music in NZ in the ‘90’s and loved that).

Anyway, this weekend just gone, in an effort to clear my HDD to record the Olympic closing ceremony, I watched 25 episodes! Phew! So entertaining and educational at the same time. Such a shame that the show has ended, but hooray for re-runs!


Aussie comedian Adam Hills is the host, along with Myf Warhurst and Kiwi actor Alan Brough as the team captains.  And there's not just music trivia - it's pretty freakin' hilarious too.  There are often repeat appearances by comedians, the standouts being Stephen K. Amos, Denise Scott, Hamish Blake and Scott Edgar from Tripod. 


For Aussies, Spicks and Specks is showing on the ABC (ABC2 I think?).  Check your program guides.

No comments:

Post a Comment