Thursday, August 2, 2012

Gothic Glitz

Recently, I have been wearing a lot of black on my nails (can't get enough of it), and those of you who know me will go, "oh, not black again!" because that's my staple colour (or absence of light for all you art buffs) for what I wear. It's also my second favourite "colour" behind blue.

But black, or dark colours are great to wear on thine fingers if you have short nails, like moi!  Thout shall not wear long talons and dark nails.  No no no no no.

As a spin on plain black, I have also been wearing colours that are almost black, Like Sally Hansen's - Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear - Flirt. This choice was inspired by the fourth season of True Blood that I'm currently watching.  I lurve this colour - it's like crimson, but doesn't cross over into the dark plum territory.  It looks like bottled blood (I'm guessing!!).



I also have China Glaze's - Lubu Heels (to satisfy my glitter fetish). China Glaze also have a fully red one called Ruby Pumps, and my guess is that this is a different take on that, but instead has a black base with the red glitter (which is very subtle).




Revlon's - Black Star has a slight shimmer in it. I picked up this bottle REALLY cheaply, and I don't know whether it was because it is discontinued (I haven't been able to clarify that), but it is just heaven to apply, and once dried, just beautiful and a silk-like finish. Really! I can not recommend it enough!



Australis' Nail Colour 62238/Black was a surprising one.  Nice formula, and when applied sparkles away. Once dried, the sparkles settle down to be more suble, but the finish is nice and smooth and shiny.  I will have to properly check it out in sunlight because it may throw a few other colours by the looks of it (difficult to see under artificial light).  Impressive.





The Face Shop's - Face It - Black (I can't read the foreign text, so "Black" will do) is almost like Lubu Heels, but with a bluey/greeny glittery shimmer through it.  In the bottle, it "throws" blue, green and purple, but the purple seems have disappeared once applied.




And altogether:


Thumb:  Australis' Nail Colour 62238/Black;
Fingers L-R:  Lubu Heels, Face It - Black, Flirt, Black Star


These colours are freakin' awesome!

NN

No comments:

Post a Comment