Saturday, August 18, 2012

Dupes #1

As usually happens when your NP collection gets to a reasonable size, I've noticed I'm starting to get a few duplicates.


So, I thought I would share these with you - can you tell the difference?


Models Prefer - Skinny Leg Jean and Savvy - Flaming Blue are both mid-dark blue polishes with a deep green flecked/shimmer on top:



Index (Finger): Skinny Leg Jean

Middle: Savvy - Flaming Blue

Ring: Skinny Leg Jean

Pinky: Flaming Blue


Orly - Gorgeous and Perma Nail No. 22 are shimmery fushia polishes with a slight blue tinge. This is a sentimental one for me as No. 22 was the colour I wore on my nails when I got married (and I also celebrated my wedding anniversary this week just passed):




Index: No. 22

Middle: Gorgeous

Ring: No. 22

Pinky: Gorgeous



Rimmel - Blue My Mind and Essence - Passion for Fashion are mid-dark purple polishes, and even though the Rimmel is named "Blue", it's definitely more in the purple category:




Index: Blue My Mind

Middle: Passion for Fashion

Ring: Blue My Mind

Pinky: Passion for Fashion



Sally Hansen - Flirt and Savvy - Sangria are both dark maroon shimmer polishes:





Index: Sangria

Middle: Flirt

Ring: Sangria

Pinky: Flirt


China Glaze - Sexy in the City and The Face Shop - BL602 are both aqua-blue shimmer polishes:




Index:  BL602

Middle:  Sexy in the City

Ring:  BL02

Pinky:  Sexy in the City


Some of these were tricky to photograph, and some only showed a difference in shade when the flash was used, but they're all pretty similar in colour and formula.  Only price would be the defining factor.  I bought every polish above for under $5, except for China Glaze's Sexy in the City.

Some would say that shelling out for a top-notch polish is a must, but when you're changing them as often as I do, I don't see much point in spending anything substantial (which is also why I haven't yet bought any OPI's).  Whats more, if you find a colour you just absolutely love in a more expensive brand, chances are that a less expensive brand has attempted to copy it. 

NN

No comments:

Post a Comment