Saturday, August 18, 2012

L.A. Colours

I recently found a massive stash of these polishes at a $2 store in Hurstville. I rifled and clawed my way through that bin and could easily have taken home 20 different colours, but I was good, and only came away with four (for now . . . ):




Power outage.  Unfortunately, I could not reproduce in the photo above the lovely blue flecks this polish has :-(




Cactus.  Again, the photo doesn't do this justice.




Aztec Orange




Pacific Blue


All had a nice formula, nice brush, the polishes dried fairly quickly, and the colours are so bold.  Very impressive!


NN

2 comments:

  1. Did they last long? or did you have to put a clear coat over top? I find anything but OPI nailpolish I chip in a few hours....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The L.A. Colours polishes were actually a surprise package for me. They have lots of lusture and are colour-fast and hardy. They have a smooth formula when applying, and two coats is usually all you need to make them opaque. I don't usually wear a top coat because I'm changing my polish daily, but I wore power outage during both days of the weekend, and it lasted through housework with only a few scratches and no chips! No top coat required (unless you feel you need to). I would rate this polish above Rimmel or Sally Hansen. And $2! Needless to say, I went back and got more - I'll swatch them soon. Keep an eye out. NN

      Delete