Sunday, October 14, 2012

CND Effects

I've seen these CND Effects in a bargain bin for quite a while, and so I finally decided to try them out.


I didn't buy the CND colours that you're supposed to use with them because I figured that I had enough of my own colours to try them out with.  However, this guide gives a pretty good example of what you'll get when you mix different colours and effects together.


The effect colours I purchased were (L-R):




(without flash)



(with flash)


Amethyst Sparkle, Emerald Shimmer, Scarlet Shimmer, Ice Blue Shimmer, Crimson Sparkle.


Using Revlon-Royal (a royal blue) as the base colour, these are what the various effects looked like:



Clockwise from top left:  Emerald Shimmer, Scarlet Shimmer, Ice Blue Shimmer, Crimson Sparkle, Amethyst Sparkle.


Please do excuse the streaky nails, particularly on the thumb - I only put one coat of Royal on underneath thinking it was enough - well, it was enough for playing around, anyway . . .


Unfortunately, the photo doesn't do this justice.  I liked the Royal/Crimson Sparkle combo best - as it reminded me a little bit of PUP!!


I have quite a few ideas in mind for different base colour combos - watch this space.


NN

No comments:

Post a Comment