Monday, October 1, 2012

Satin

Carrying on with more polishes I acquired whilst in Brisbane, I picked up three Satin brand polishes from a pharmacy (I think it was Terry White): Shades 02, 10 and 20.


I have seen this brand of polish in Sydney (though, I can't recall where).  I didn't think they were anything special, and wondered if they were a bit dodgy as they were $2/$2.50 and the bottles looked a bit funky.


When I saw them in Brisbane, I had a closer look and found a couple of shades that threw different colours.


Shade 10:

 
 
 
Shade 02:



Shade 10 has a slight purple/pink shimmer in it, although I couldn't really capture it in the photo.  I love all blue polishes, and this is no exception.  It reminds me of a cross between Sally Hansen's shades of Pacific Blue and Blue Me Away. Opaque in 2 coats.


Shade 02 is mostly a lavender/blue fairly transparent polish.  I think I applied 3 coats for the above photo.  This shade's not to shabby, either.  A bit more subtle that Shade 10.


I haven't yet applied Shade 20, but essentially it's a clear polish with silver bars of holographic glitter.  Definitely one to apply over another colour.  And the first glitter I've found with "bars", so I'm happy I scored it for such a cheap price!


Shades 02 and 10 had a nice formula, nice lasting colour and were also easy to remove.  I am impressed and it just goes to show that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.


NN

No comments:

Post a Comment