Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year

This is my last post for 2012 . . . and what a year it has been!


A couple of personal highlights include starting this here blog-a-rooney, the birth of my beautiful niece, Ada, and a recent trip home to New Zealand.


What does 2013 hold? Who knows! But what I do know is that my poor wee nubbins have been thrashed these last six months trying out various polishes, and now it's time to give them a rest for a couple of weeks. But before I do, I want to show you a stamping style I was playing around with yesterday - Zebra stripes!


I must admit, I haven't stamped a lot because I have found it difficult to find polishes thick enough and colour combo's that work. That said, I'm really into animal prints on nails at the moment (I love anything to do with Africa/animals), and I think this turned out pretty well. Unfortunately, the black polish just wouldn't remove itself from the skin around my nails so it looks a bit messy, but that's black for you!
 
 
Staying with the animal theme, I've recently done tiger stripes (below), Leopard/Cheetah spots, Peacock Feathers, even paws!
 
 
 
 
But now it's time to grow some strong nails and so I thought I'd try out 1000 Hour 3D Nail Wraps (purchased from my local Priceline store).
 
 
 
 
They were really easy to apply - you basically just peel them from the sheet, stick the rounded end down at your cuticle and smooth them over. You then cut the excess off with scissors and then neaten them by using a nail clipper so they accurately match your nail tips.
 



And as you can see, I've continued with the animal print theme with sparkly cow print fingers (well, that's what I'm going with anyway)! I also have some Sally Hansen giraffe nail strips to try out at some stage in the future and they also have a snake print which I might pick up if the price comes down. Are there any other animal prints I could try? Suggestions please!


Finally, I just wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year for 2013. I hope it's a good one for you, and if not, I hope you get through it as best you can!




NN

No comments:

Post a Comment