Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas done/Going dotty

Well, the world didn't end, and another Christmas has gone for another year.  Phew!  I hope Santa was able to leave something nice for you!


Time now to concentrate on relaxing, post Christmas sales, and New Years Eve . . . With that in mind, I guess it's now time to start creating "party" nails.  Woo hoo!  Glitters and bright, shiny, sparkly colours (I'm so tacky!).  Oooooh, I mustn't forget my glow in the dark polishes . . .


Strangely, I discovered my dotting tool on Christmas Eve.  I've had it for a couple of months with the intent of creating I'm not sure what, but I just hadn't gotten around to using it.  As you can see from the pics below, I went a little overboard . . .





For the above pic, I used Kleancolor - Black and the following Ulta3 flouro-like colours for the dots - Purple Pumps (purple), Jelly (green), Tahiti (orange), Citrus (yellow) and Fruit Tingle (pink).




For the mani above, I used Kleancolor - Black, with Sally Hansen Nail Prisms - Diamond.





For this creation, I used Sally Hansen Nail Prisms - Diamond as the background, with Kleancolor - Black, and Ulta3 in Purple Pumps and Jelly for the dots!


If you don't have a dotting tool, you can pretty much use anything that has a small, round end - the pin heads of sewing pins are ideal because they come in so many sizes, and you can push the sharp end into the end of an eraser pencil so it's easier to hold whilst you're placing the dots.  Go ahead!  Try it for yourself.  You'll get addicted too!


NN

No comments:

Post a Comment