Sunday, December 23, 2012

My absence & Christmas Styles #6, 7 & 8

Hi there!  Apologies for my absence - I've been a wee bit busy this past month or so and just haven't had enough time to scratch myself!


But now I'm back and have some more Christmas styles to show you . . .


Candy Canes:




I think this one is my favourite design (as well as candy canes being my favourite festive lolly)!  I used OPI - Did you ear about Van Gogh as the base, and Sally Hansen Nail Art Pens in red, white and black to draw the candy canes.


Christmas Coloured Braids:




Using the Fishtail Braids idea from Lucy's Stash blog, I created a festive braid using Revlon - Silver Screen as the base, Orly - Scarlet and Sally Hansen - Emerald City as the alternate colours.  I'm a fan of this one too, and it's sooo easy to do!


Santa Hats:




I used OPI - Did you ear about Van Gogh as the base, Sally Hansen Nail Art Pens in white and red to draw the details, and then Ulta3 - Red Glitter to add the sparkle to the hat.


Right, with that done, whilst I was away, I visited Auckland and attended their "Christmas in the Park" event.  I enjoy going home every year or so and catching up with music performers in the New Zealand scene.  There was one performer I was particularly impressed by, so I'm going to share her with you - Jamie McDell!  She did a little number right at the beginning of the show which got stuck in my head the whole time I was in Auckland.  I have this need to compare her to a famous country-pop female artist out there at the moment, but I think she's much better and more natural.  Go Kiwi!


Anyway - here's her song, Life in Sunshine, particularly relevant to all those in the Southern Hemisphere who are having summery Christmases!


NN

No comments:

Post a Comment