Saturday, January 26, 2013

Peacock Part 2

Hey all - back again after another absence of nearly a month, but this time it's not my fault.  Blogger was, and still is, having issues with uploading photos to posts, and so I've been avoiding posting anything for fear of complications.  Blogger technicians, can you PLEASE fix the problem ASAP?!!!!**


A month is a long time and I'm sure you would have expected me to have done a whole lot with my nails in that time, but sadly, I haven't.  I've been really struggling with getting them to grow to any length without splitting and peeling, and when I think they're strong enough, I apply the polish, only to find that a day later, they're peeling again and so I have to cut what's there. Before you ask, I have been using a strengthening coat and base coats recently in the hope that they might make a difference, but alas, no :-(


Anyway, I have done a few things, one of which I thought I might try and share with you.


BTW/FYI I am OBSESSED with everything peacock at the moment.  I know I am a bit behind with this trend, but I much rather that I follow things because "I" want to, not because everyone else is.  I'm not sure what started this obsession, but I think it's because those are my favourite colours and I did try a mani earlier on that was based on peacock feathers, and I guess the idea just stuck with me.


Using Australis' Blue Tiger, I painted the base colour.




I then applied my Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in silver to make the lines and ovals . . .




Next, I used Jordana - Boy oh Boy for the outer eye of the peacock feather . . .




And finally, I used Ulta3 - Hollywood as the inner part of the peacock eye!


Unfortunately, Sally Hansen doesn't seem to have a nail art pen in gold, otherwise I would have used that instead of silver.  Nonetheless, I think this colour scheme works well together.

Carrying on with the peacock idea, I recently got a basic version of Photoshop as a present (YAY!!!).  I had previously taken a photo of a single peacock feather and used it to familiarise myself with the tools in Photoshop.  This was the initial result:
 
 


Basically, I just used the cloning tool over and over, but look at the pretty colours!  Awesome!  Quite obviously, I need a little practice, but hopefully having Photoshop will mean tidier photos in this blog going forward.


NN

**  Since my plea above for Blogger techs to fix the photo adding tool, they have!  Thanks Blogger!

1 comment: