Sunday, November 4, 2012

Marbling: attempts #1 & #2

On this blog I aim to show you not just the cool stuff, but also the attempts and fails I have with my various nail art adventures.


Yesterday, after many months of procrastination, I finally tried out marbling.


Here are a few pics (**warning**:  they're not pretty):






Things I learned:


1.  It's fun!
2.  It's VERY messy - even if you tape your fingers up.
3.  It's time consuming.
4.  Not all polishes work well, so you have to experiment.
5.  The water must be at room temperature - too hot or too cold and it won't work.
6.  You have to work quick to make a pattern once the polishes are in the water.
7.  It's VERY messy (oh yeah, said that already!).


I am grateful to know that even the nail art queens note that this marbling technique takes practice.  So that's what I will do!  I even have a couple more ideas of colour combos, so stay tuned.


NN

No comments:

Post a Comment