Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cling to me

I've been getting funky with my nails lately.  I seem to be getting a bit more adventurous with the nail art, and I'm okay with that.  Can't get better at it without practice, right?  And with so many tutorials out there, how can you go wrong?  Besides, it provides me with endless hours of entertainment, and a chance to have an "arty" outlet.


The next technique I would like to show you is my version of using cling/glad/saran wrap to sponge polish onto your nails.


My efforts turned out as follows:




I used Ulta3 - Lily White as the base, along with Essence - Let's Get Lost (blue) and Better Late than Never.


Personally, I think this looks more effective than splatter nails, and it's a heck of a lot less messy.  Oh, and a handy tip I learned was that to aid with clean-up, you can use Vaseline instead of sellotape to cover the skin around your nails.  You could also use Vaseline when marbling - how excellent is that?!  Gotta give that a try!


NN

No comments:

Post a Comment