Saturday, November 3, 2012

Just Spotted the Lizard & Comparison

Last week at my local Cosmo Cosmetics store (stores at Met Centre/Wynyard & George Street (just up from the new Topshop store)), I found a Chanel Peridot dupe often talked about on the interwebs - OPI's Just Spotted the Lizard (JStL).


Cosmo's prices are great - they have a smallish selection of OPI polishes for about $14ea, and whilst previously I've never seen any colours I was particularly keen on, when I saw JStL, I knew it had to join my collection.


Here it is:


 
 
Now watch as it flashes it's duo chrome brilliance . . .
 
 



Gold and green/teal - it's so purty.


I then thought it might be a good idea to do a comparison with another Peridot dupe I have - Missha's HGR01:




Misha - HGR01 on index and ring fingers, JStL on middle and pinky fingers




Bottles side by side:  HGR01, left, JStL, right


Verdict:  JStL seems to carry on where HGR01 finishes, and has much more gold flash than HGR01.  That said, HGR01 seems to have much more of a blue flash compared with JStL (which has no blue elements at all).  I think JStL is a closer dupe of Peridot, but neither has both the gold and blue combo that Peridot possesses.  Close, though, and pretty enough on their own merits!  At the very least, a cheaper alternative to the ultra expensive Peridot.


NN

No comments:

Post a Comment