Sunday, June 9, 2013

Glitter City


Continuing on with my glitter polish obsession, here are a couple of Savvy polishes I found on a discount shelf in Priceline, that I hadn't seen before.

Glam & Chiq (no flash):


Glam & Chiq (flash):


Glam & Chiq is an almost sapphire coloured glitter polish, with a translucent blue base, scattered with various shades of blue glitter, along with a dispersing of a lighter, almost violet glitter. It's very gritty, so if you choose to pop a top coat on, it would require a few coats, however, I chose to wear mine without, as grit doesn't bother me too much. I also chose to wear it on its own without a base colour - I think doing this enables you to see the different types and sizes of glitter contained in the polish.

I can report that they managed to stay in tact during my day in the office without any chipping. Although, removing the glitter at the end of the day was another story.

Rock & Roll (with flash):




Rock & Roll (no flash):


Rock & Roll is a glitter polish with almost holographic properties.  Set in a black translucent base, there are several sizes of gold glitter which catch the light and sparkle in a rainbow of colours.

I chose to wear this using Sally Hanson's Complete Salon Manicure in Midnight in NY to give greater contrast to the gold glitter, and boy, did it give contrast.  I would say that it's the most "blingy" polish that I own.  I love it!

I also decided to try it over various shades of green/turquoise (see below), and while it didn't work over the lighter shades (due to the black translucent base), it didn't look too bad against the darker ones (Jordana - Boy oh Boy and China Glaze - Turned up Turquoise).


 
Turned up Turquoise & Rock & Roll:
 

Boy oh Boy & Rock & Roll:


NN

No comments:

Post a Comment