Saturday, March 2, 2013

Updates - Milky Way & Space Jam

I have been meaning to post an update to this post, where I detailed Australis' Milky Way and Space Jam polishes.  It seems, using a base colour was the right way to go!


For Milky Way, I first painted my nails with Sinful Colors - Snow Me White and then added a couple of coats of Milky Way over top.  Opacity solved.


Application was as per usual - the glitter polish wasn't easy to apply.  Glitter polish has a mind of its own and likes to gather its glitters all in one area on your nail.  If you paint your nail multiple times, it starts becoming a bit of a nightmare and can get streaky, or the other extreme - gluggy.  Less is more because you can always do another coat once they're dry.





For Space Jam, I used Sally Hansen's Lacquer Shine - Glossy as the base colour, and then Space Jam over top.


Similar to Milky Way, the application wasn't great.  In fact, it was even worse.  I added some thinner to the polish and it still wasn't cooperative.  It also took absolutely ages to dry, and before you ask, I only added one thin coat of Space Jam on top.




While this is a problematic and tricky customer, it's still very pretty in theory (see thumbnail macro pic below).  I just haven't left it on my nails long enough to see how it wears, simply for the fact that it took such a long time to dry.




I think Australis needs to work on the formula for this one - it could be a really great polish, but it's gluggy, slow-drying formula lets it down.


NN

No comments:

Post a Comment