Saturday, January 26, 2013

Patterns

Recently, I bought a dress for work which has a animal print type pattern (the shop calls it zebra).  I decided to see if I could replicate that pattern on my nails.




Using OPI's Did You Ear About Van Gogh as the base coat, and Sally Hansen (SH) Nail Art Pen in black I had a go at it, and was quite pleased how it turned out.


 
 
There seems to be a lot of animal prints and animal pictures out there at the moment, and can I just say, I'm loving it - and not just because it's fashionable at the moment.  It's almost a reminder to get back to/be kind to nature.  I must have about three tops that have leopards and cheetahs on them, one wolf tee, three peacock feathers tees, one nondescript feather tee, and the zebra print dress.  I feel like using my 3000-odd photos I took in South Africa a few years back and creating my own wearable art, but until then, I'll just try stuff that can fit on my nails.
 
I also found this little friend in my garden yesterday - a St Andrew's Cross spider:
 
 
 
 
 
Perhaps I'll try this pattern out for size - stay tuned!
 
NN

No comments:

Post a Comment