Friday, July 12, 2013

Glitter Schmitter - Part 1

Glitter polish seems to be at a high point in the nail polish consciousness at the moment - it's everywhere!  And, just between you and I, I don't mind, not even a little bit.

I am so loving the black and white polishes that are starting to filter through, initially from Missha, and now from Models Prefer.  I'm also a fan of the new colour combos of large glitters.  Here are a few  of my recent creations:

 
Base:  Sinful Colors - Snow Me White; Left Stripes:  Savvy - Grey; Middle Stripes:  Kleancolor - Black; Right Stripes:  Rimmel - Grey Matter; Glitter:  Models Prefer - Star Dust
 

Base:  Savvy - Grey; Glitter:  Models Prefer - Explosive


Base:  Models Prefer - Teal Ya Later; Glitter: Models Prefer - Explosive


Base: Australis - Sky's the Limit; Glitter:  Models Prefer - Star Dust


Base:  Face of Australia - Ocean Villa; Glitter:  OPI - Lights of Emerald City

And finally, the best way to remove glitter polish?  With a soaked cotton ball wrapped around your nail, covered with aluminium foil. Looks like I have astronaut fingers, or that they're being treated for hypothermia!

 
In Part 2 of this post, I'll share a couple of new glitters from Australis and Savvy, and a topcoat glitter from Revlon.
 
I'll also let you in on how to apply glitter polish to maximise coverage over your nail.
 
NN


No comments:

Post a Comment