Saturday, April 20, 2013

Rimmel - Metal Rush

In a recent Priceline catalogue, I spotted Rimmel Metal Rush polishes, but for the life of me, I couldn't find them in stores anywhere . . . until now.

The link I have attached above lists four polishes in the collection, Gold Save the Queen, Purple Reign, Royale Blue and Pearly Queen, but there is also a fifth - Bronze Princess (BP). 

Now, I'm not entirely sure why BP isn't on the Rimmel site, but I've added some pics below so can get an idea what it looks like.

I purchased three out of the five polishes, Bronze Princess, Royale Blue and Purple Reign.  I decided not to get the other two as when I "researched" them, they just didn't seem to have the same colour-shift properties as the above three.  And god knows, I love my colour-shift properties!  I also have a Sinful Colors polish - Let Me Go which is very similar to Pearly Queen, so I decided that I didn't need the duplicate.

Royale Blue (RB):


Bronze Princess (BP):


Purple Reign (PR):



My verdict on these is that they're very muted duochromes.  Bronze Princess is my favourite as there seems to be more of a colour shift in it compared to the others.  Application and brush useability were ok for RB and BP, but PR was an absolutely terrible formula, and took ages to dry for not much colour-shift.

NN

2 comments:

  1. I bought Bronze Princess in a store in Paris at the end of last year, and absolutely love it, but now I can't find it online anywhere - have they discontinued it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bronze Princess is my favourite, too! I'm unsure whether they're phasing the range out - perhaps you could contact Rimmel directly and ask: http://www.econsumeraffairs.com/coty/contactus.htm

    Regarding your query as to where to buy them from online, perhaps you might be able to buy them from Asos (http://www.asos.com/au/Rimmel-London/Rimmel-London-Metal-Rush-Nail-Polish/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2610452&r=2) or a similar website? Good luck!

    NN

    ReplyDelete