Sunday, April 21, 2013

Covergirl - Outlast Stay Brilliant & Comparison

In Australia, Covergirl has only sold makeup, until recently.

Introducing Outlast Stay Brilliant in Midnight Magic and Wine to Five.

Wine to Five:



Midnight Magic (MM):



The polish formula for both was ok.  Not bad, but not anything exceptional.  The thing that did bother me, though, was the brush!  Terrible!  It was almost like the brushes weren't shaped properly and it was really difficult to apply the polish to my nails.

I wore MM for a few days, and whilst there was tip wear after the second day, the polish stayed on and didn't chip.  Taking it off demanded a bit more attention, as is usually the case with glitter polishes, but that's nothing new.

I was drawn immediately to MM for some reason, but it took me a little while to work out why.  Then I realised - it reminded me of another polish I had: OPI's On Her Majesty's Secret Service (OHMSS)(click here to see my review).  You don't need to convince me to do a comparison - here it is!



OHMSS on thumb, middle and pinky fingers, MM on the index and ring fingers.

Apologies for the appalling photo.  Lighting is not so good at night!

So there you go.  These polishes look virtually the same, but the differences are:

OPI - OHMSS
  • usually retails in Australia anywhere from $13-$20
  • 15ml bottle
  • manageable brush which makes for easy application
Covergirl - MM
  • retails for $5.95 in most places (and some are even having a buy one get one free sale at the moment)
  • 11ml bottle
  • terrible brush
Take your pick, depending on your budget and skill-level!

NN

No comments:

Post a Comment