Sunday, February 2, 2014

Love is . . . on my nails

We're day 2 into February (can you believe it?!), and February means . . . Valentines Day!

I started to go through my polishes, picking out the reds and a few pinks, and do you know what?  I really don't have many of those shades.  Given that's the case, I'm going to do my best to give you a few design ideas using what I have.

If you Google Valentines Day nails, there are literally a billion and one different ideas out there.  However, If you don't have access to stamps or aren't to crash-hot with nail art, you can always fall back on plain red or pink nails, or maybe even pastel shades.  There's also red and pink glitter polishes out there, and I know that Jordana have glitter polishes with hearts in them!

For something a bit edgier, you could use Sally Hansen's Sugar coat in Cherry Drop, or Essence's Sparkle Sand Effect in Be My Lover.  Both have a textured finish and are great for something a bit different.

In the stamping world, there are lots of hearts and arrows etc out there.  Half of my stamps have at least one image related to love on them, so I'm definitely not without options.  Here's a few stampings I've done recently to get you inspired:




NN

No comments:

Post a Comment