Monday, May 6, 2013

Sally Hansen: Lustre Shine

Sally Hansen's new range of Lustre Shine polishes hit Australian shores recently.

I have read around the interwebs that this collection is seen to be very similar to the Bohemian collection that China Glaze released.  Now, I don't know about that, but I do know that my local China Glaze stockist didn't order in the Bohemian collection, so I couldn't purchase any to be able to make a comparison!

I did a little researching before I decided on which colours from the Lustre Shine range to purchase.  In the end, I settled on Copperhead, Scarab and Lava:

Copperhead:


Scarab:


Lava:



At around $10 a polish, they're on the exxy side, but they're the only duo chromes I have actually been able to buy in a store in Australia.  I was also tempted to buy Plume, but it just looked too close to Chanel's Peridot ('though, I have read there are differences between the two). Azure was also a polish I looked at a couple of times, but then realised that I have several polishes like it and that there really wasn't any duo chrome effect to it.  The other three in the current range, Moonstone, Firefly and Gilt didn't excite me at all, so I left those alone.

In the bottle, Copperhead shows a rusty orange with swirls of green, and, at certain angles, purple.  On the nail, however, it's all rust, and at a certain angle, only a slight tinge of purple.  No green.  A nice colour for autumn.

Scarab may seem to some that it's plainly teal, but it does change to blue slightly, honestly!  It's such a rich colour and I have a such soft spot for teals that I had to have this one. A very pretty polish.

Lava seems to be a favourite amongst those reviewing these polishes.  I think it has the most colour shift out of all of the collection, and tiny glitter particles to set it apart from the others. The above photo doesn't really capture it's full splendour, and it's much more pink in normal light.

While I do like these polishes, I forgot that their being so metallic and shiny means that they show up every little ridge in your nails.  It also chips and wears a lot faster than a normal cream polish.

NN

No comments:

Post a Comment