Sunday, February 10, 2013

Australis - Nail Glitter Colour

I know it's juvenile, but I find it difficult to pass up a good glitter polish.  The downside being that glitters can be so tricky to apply evenly without being streaky and the glitter clumping in one area on your nail.  And then, there's the removal - so much work!


Regardless, I'm still not deterred.  Here's a couple of new ones I picked up recently.


Australis - Milky Way (2 coats):




Milky Way is a white polish with micro blue glitter, dispersed with multi-coloured small to medium-sized glitter elements throughout.  Application wasn't too difficult, however, I think next time I wear it, I'll put down a coat of plain white polish first, just to get the opacity prior to putting the glitter over top.


Australis - Space Jam (2 coats):




Space Jam is a plum polish with micro maroon glitter, dispersed with steel blue/grey and royal blue small to medium-sized glitter elements throughout. Application was very difficult!  This one just didn't seem to want to cooperate and spread evenly, and instead the glitter clumped up all in the same area on the nail.  The brush didn't seem to help matters, either.  I think I might put some thinner in this one to help application.  I also might wear a base colour, perhaps a black or shimmery dark maroon, again, to help with opacity before the glitters are painted on.


Final verdict:  Milky Way - good (with a little extra prep. of a base colour).  Space Jam - looks really pretty in the bottle, doesn't translate to the nails, but I'll keep you posted once the thinner goes in.


NN

No comments:

Post a Comment